Le MIX recrute un ANALYSTE pour l’Afrique.
L’analyste pour Afrique sera le point focal du MIX pour l’Afrique sub-saharienne.
Title: Analyst, Africa
Job Type: Business Consultant
Reports to: Regional Manager
Deadline : 03 June 2016
The Africa Analyst serves as a MIX focal point for Sub-Saharan Africa for a fast paced financial sector non-profit.
The Analyst is responsible for supporting the growth and expansion of MIX’s core activities in Africa in line with the organization’s goals of achieving reliable, comparable, and publicly available information on the performance and outreach of financial service providers (FSPs). The Analyst is responsible for collecting, processing and analyzing financial, operational and social performance data from a portfolio of FSPs, in addition to supporting partner organizations in the use of application of MIX’s systems and products and providing up-to-date information on the markets they cover.
Candidates should be passionate about information and its role in building markets, and have the analytical and communication skills to increase the quantity and quality of information and analysis available at MIX.
This position requires a dynamic and self-motivated individual with an understanding of financial analysis, accounting and regional socio-economic trends.
To achieve these goals, the Analyst has primary responsibilities (90% of time) to:
- Maintain regional FSP data collection and analysis in line with regional performance targets
- Analyze individual FSP and regional performance
- Write performance reports and periodic reports on regional analysis and research
- Support other regional analysts with updates of MIX’s market intelligence products and MIX documents edition for publication;
- Carry out research to further MIX’s understanding of regional actors and developments affecting FSP performance;
- Cross functional activities around other regions and programs, such us Gold subscribers,
- Partners, Training, and System support;
The Analyst has the secondary responsibility (10% of time) to support the other work of MIX on any number of tasks including:
- Contributing to shared analyst tools
- Supporting improvement in MIX’s technology used by the analyst team and partners
- BA minimum in economics, finance, accounting/auditing, or relevant field. Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience in financial analysis, audit, or accounting
- Understanding of financial analysis, accounting and regional socio-economic trends. Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and comfort with online databases are essential;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (verbal and written).
- Self-starter and independent actor able to carry out agreed work plan
The Analyst will work as part of a global team under the direct supervision of the Africa and MENA Regional Manager.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and range for the position. Consulting fees will be paid at all costs and the analyst will be responsible for taxes and social withholdings.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Africa Analyst in the subject line.